The Sunnybrook Doberman Personal Protection System
Contact us here for information on purchasing your own Melaleuca / Doberman security system which includes an AKC Full European Sunnybrook Doberman puppy along with a wireless security system for your home. Truly the Ultimate personal protection package you can offer your family! Starting price for the Doberman and wireless Security System is $3000.00 We accept PayPal
Owning a large European Dobermann makes a very good visual and auditory crime deterrent! When a potential burglar see's or hears that resounding BARK coming from pearly white fangs and 100 lbs of muscle behind them, he will go somewhere else, likely on a RUN!
Dobermans are very efficient at sensing a threat, they can run faster for longer distances than any bad guy!
Your Sunnybrook Doberman has been hand selected from strong imported European IPO/ Schutzhund genetics and they will hear and smell any human threat long before you do, he will still be on duty while your sleeping and even away from home. He provides a secure 24 hour around the clock surveillance that no camera can match!
He cannot be bribed, disarmed, have the power cut off or be taken away from you, yet he will remain a loyal and trusted companion and gentle family member.
Thanks in part to Hollywood for putting a great deal of fear of Dobermans into the general public, the Doberman Pinscher is an outstanding choice for those wishing to deter crime. There is an amazing feeling of safety and security knowing your family is safe and fully protected while you are away.
A dog- is an important part of your overall personal security system, perhaps even the most important part but they are not a complete system. Crime is going to happen, we cannot stop that, and mankind has tried for millennia and not been successful yet. Owning dogs deters crimes, owning Dobermans deters even more crime, and owning a dog that is trained to bark and give an aggressive alert on command is nearly enough. I don't ever intend to use my dogs to "catch bad guys" that is what law enforcement is for, my dogs are only to buy me time to get to safety, they deter crime, and they buy me time if I am in trouble. That is it.
We teach a dog- a long attack so it can meet the confrontation while we go get help and get to safety. What we are doing with our personal security plan, is really making someone else the victim. I know that sounds harsh but crime will happen, and we don't want it to happen to us or our loved ones. So the things below are things we want all of you to do to stay a little bit safer.
Bad guy philosophy- Interviews and research show that bad guys are not afraid of getting hurt, it isn't the dog bite that scares them the most. What they fear the most is getting caught. Barking dogs draw attention to a situation and increase the chance that they will be caught. That is why even little fufu dogs help deter some crime. Another great thing is bad guys seem to be inherently afraid of dogs, big Dobermans especially. Thank you Hollywood for helping to create this phenomenon! So we want to increase chances someone would get caught hurting you or your property and they will move on to an easy victim.
Lights- This is so important and so overlooked. I want you to leave your porch lights on all night, front and back end of story. No exceptions. Also get some random timers installed that randomly turn lights on and off throughout the house 24/7. This makes it always appear like someone is home and awake. You also need to have motion lights and working on all four sides of your home, bright flood light types. I don't care how much it annoys the neighbors, explain all of this to them and encourage them to do the same thing. Tell them that by leaving their yards dark when yours is lit makes theirs look more vulnerable. It is possible for a whole neighborhood to be safe when people cooperate.
Window coverings- Take a look from your front and back yard in at your home in the dark. Amazing what you can see isn't it? All windows will have working blinds that are down from dusk until dawn, no exceptions. You also need to trim bushes and trees away from windows and doors, and otherwise remove any "hiding spots" near your windows and doors.
Fences- It is often said good fences make good neighbors, but they also reduce the ease of access to your home. I prefer a fenced front yard as well. It may make your home look less inviting to company, but it does make it less accessible to unwanted company as well. Fences are only as good as the gates though, an open gate does nothing for you.
Electronic security system- You need a home electronic security system with at the minimum door and window sensors. It needs to be installed and working, there needs to be signs in the front yard and on windows.
Signs- Besides your alarm company signs, you need to have beware of dog signs posted all over the house and yard. My favorites are the ones from four Paws Company that show a Doberman with teeth barred and blood dripping from the teeth :) It sounds morbid but communicates the right message.
Neighborhood Watch- Start or join a neighborhood watch and even take your dog with you when it is time to patrol. One thing that really helps make a house a less likely target is to make the neighborhood a well lit, unlikely target. Put up neighborhood watch signs even if you don't have one, put them all around the neighborhood.
Your dog- Must be allowed to bark anytime someone comes to the door. Encourage it, reward it. They need an "off" command to stop barking, but never discourage your dog from letting you know when someone is there. Warning barks are frustrating when you live with them every day, especially when you have 10 barking dogs :) but that is what makes my house a harder target for crime.
Now let's talk about the rest of your day:
Don't look like a victim in public- The single most important thing you can do is walk around with your head up, looking people in the eye, walking briskly with purpose and being aware of your surroundings. Take a look in a parking lot sometime how people walk to and from their cars, can you see how easy it would be to car jack almost anyone? Look for things that seem out of place, a guy in Phoenix in a trench coat in July is certainly out of place! Watch for inconsistencies, watch for people who are watching you. When something doesn't feel right, when it doesn't look right, trust your gut and drive around a few more blocks, go to another store or find another option. Never pull into your garage or a parking stall without taking a good look around. Leave your car in reverse, not park with your foot on the brake. If trouble hits all you have to do is hit the gas to change the situation. Don't open your garage door until you are in front of it, don't get out of the car until it is closed again keeping the car in reverse not in park. Watch your mirrors and make sure no one followed you in, this is how many home invasions begin.
If you have a dog, take him with you every where you can! What good is the protection dog that is locked up at home while you are at the park? This is another reason I tell people to get multiple dogs, so one can be at home protecting the house while one is protecting you. I also often show a demonstration where with a really good dog, I can fight it off and keep myself safe for the most part. Two dogs change the fight dramatically, and three dogs are overwhelming, and four absolutely impossible to deal with. The other neat thing is to watch the pack dynamic develop and watch how they really work together and use team work.
Here are some more great tips, geared towards women specifically:
Through a Rapist's Eyes (No Joke)
A group of rapists and date rapists in prison were interviewed on what they look for in a potential victim and here are some interesting facts:
1) The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle. They are most likely to go after a woman with a ponytail, bun, braid or other hairstyle that can easily be grabbed . They are also likely to go after a woman with long hair . Women with short hair are not common targets.
2) The second thing men look for is clothing. They will look for women whose clothing is easy to remove quickly. Many of them carry scissors around specifically to cut clothing.
3) They also look for women on their cell phone, searching through their purse, or doing other activities while walking because they are off-guard and can be easily overpowered.
4) Men are most likely to attack & rape in the early morning, between 5: 00a.m. and 8:30a.m.
5) The number one place women are abducted from/attacked is grocery store parking lots. The number two: office parking lots/garages. Number three: public restrooms.
6) The thing about these men is that they are looking to grab a woman and quickly move her to another location where they don't have to worry about getting caught.
7) Only 2% said they carried weapons because rape carries a 3-5 year sentence but rape with a weapon is 15-20 years.
8) If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you isn't worth it because it will be time-consuming.
9) These men said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas, or other similar objects that can be used from a distance, in their hands
Keys are NOT a deterrent because you have to get really close to the attacker to use them as a weapon. So, the idea is to convince these guys you're not worth it.
10) Several defense mechanisms he taught us are: If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell, look them in the face and ask them a question, like what time is it?, or make general small talk: 'I can't believe it is so cold out here,' 'We're in for a bad winter.' Now you've seen their face and could identify them in a line-up; you lose appeal as a target.
11) If someone is coming toward you, hold out your hands in front of you and yell STOP! Or STAY BACK! Most of the rapists this man talked to said they'd leave a woman alone if she yelled or showed that she would not be afraid to fight back. Again, they are looking for an EASY target.
12) If you carry pepper spray (this instructor was a huge advocate of it and carries it with him wherever he goes), yell I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY and holding it out will be a deterrent.
13) If someone grabs you, you can't beat them with strength but you can by outsmarting them. If you are grabbed around the waist from behind, pinch the attacker either under the Arm (between the elbow and armpit) OR in the upper inner thigh VERY VERY HARD. One woman in a class this guy taught told him she used the underarm pinch on a guy who was trying to date rape her and was so upset she broke through the skin and tore out muscle strands - the guy needed stitches. Try pinching yourself in those places as hard as you can stand it - it hurts.
14) After the initial hit, always GO for the GROIN. I know from a particularly unfortunate experience that if you slap a guy's parts it is extremely painful. You might think that you'll anger the guy and make him want to hurt you more, but the thing these rapists told our instructor is that they want a woman who will not cause a lot of trouble. Start causing trouble and he's out of there.
15) When the guy puts his hands up to you, grab his first two fingers and bend them back as far as possible with as much pressure pushing down on them as possible. The instructor did it to me without using much pressure, and I ended up on my knees and both knuckles cracked audibly.
16) Of course the things we always hear still apply. Always be aware of your surroundings, take someone with you if you can and if you see any odd behavior, don't dismiss it, go with your instincts!!!
You may feel a little silly at the time, but you'd feel much worse if the guy really was trouble.
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do : The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans : If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you ....chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc, and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.) DON'T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
a. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
5 A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot or parking garage:
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times. And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, preferably in a zigzag pattern!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP! It may get you raped or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well-educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked 'for help' into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her 'Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.'
The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, 'We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.' He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.
Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby --- This should be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana .
I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle. I was going to send this to the ladies only, but guys, if you love your mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you may want to pass it onto them, as well.
God and Dog
Dobermans Our Male Our Females Litter Box
Your Doberman Puppy Doberman Sales Page
Ear Cropping Feeding your Doberman Doberman Commands
Training Vaccinations Doberman Protection
Introduction to the Doberman General Health
Doberman Temperament Doberman Food
Doberman Pinscher Club of America Breed Standard
SEND E-MAIL HERE
541 990 8097
If you can start the day without caffeine or pep pills,
If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,
If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,
If you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it,
If you can understand when loved ones are too busy to give you time,
If you can overlook when people take things out on you when,
through no fault of yours, something goes wrong,
If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,
If you can face the world without lies and deceit,
If you can conquer tension without medical help,
If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,
If you can do all these things,
Then you are probably the family dog.
is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
are his life, his love, his leader.
will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart.
owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
You would learn stuff like.....
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
When itís in your best interest-practice obedience.
Let others know when theyíve invaded your territory.
Take naps and stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting, when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree.
When youíre happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
No matter how often youíre scolded, donít buy into the guilt thing and
pout... run right back and make friends.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.
Never pretend to be something youíre not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them